DeepSurface Security is changing how organizations address risk on their networks by empowering our customers to be radically better at finding and removing risk. We’re a fast-growing, cyber security company headquartered in Portland, OR.
We're a growing team of self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you love working in teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we'd like to meet you.
DeepSurface Security has great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and a commitment to hiring diversely.
We have an immediate opening for a Backend Software Engineer. All roles are 100% remote currently, but we plan to go back into our Portland offices part time after COVID. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience of coding Python, at least 5 years of experience with complex SQL database schema design, be comfortable in Linux-based environments, be an independent but communicative team player, and thrive in researching creative ways to solve unusual technical challenges. Additionally, this candidate would thrive in a collaborative environment with team players, be comfortable taking initiative to produce results, collaborate effectively with a talented team, and have the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues.
Responsibilities for the Backend Developer include but are not be limited to:
- Research technical requirements involved in creating new features and identifying challenges
- Develop efficient plans for remediating problems found in our flagship product
- Present action plans to team members and management to get buy-in before beginning work
- Work with frontend developers and other staff to design interfaces and APIs to provide the required functionality
- Collaborate with our frontend developers and provide them stable, well written code
- Correctly identify problematic or poorly performing components in our flagship product
- Creatively problem-solve, research and analyze new ways to improve our flagship product
- Work with Python, PostgreSQL, PowerShell, shell scripts, and other technologies to address feature requests and identified defects
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to be able to deliver the end product
- Keep up to date with our ticketing system and provide reliable time estimates for competition of tickets.
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Handle multiple demands in an interrupt-driven environment and be able to track their own work and not lose track of important details or tasks
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent coding skills in Python, SQL (including designing complex schemas for large databases) and Linux-based development environments
- Experience in traditional Windows platforms and enterprise technologies
- Solid understanding of networking technologies
- Experience with popular CI/CD tools, AWS, Azure, and/or other cloud environments
- Clear understanding of computer architecture and items that typically impede performance
- Located in or near Portland, Oregon.
Interested? We're excited to hear from you! Please apply here.
Don't qualify fully? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they fully meet all the outlined qualifications in the job description. DeepSurface encourages candidates to apply even if they do not meet every desired qualification listed.