DeepSurface is changing how companies address risk in their cybersecurity systems by empowering our customers to be radically better at protecting their organizations. We’re a fast-growing, software development company headquartered in Portland, OR.
We’re a team of self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you love working in collaborative teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we’d love to meet you.
DeepSurface Security has great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and a commitment to hiring diversely. Our benefits include a generous holiday policy, unlimited PTO, company paid health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. All roles are currently 100% remote, but we plan to go back into our Portland offices part-time after COVID.
Our DeepSurface product provides information security professionals with a clear view of the threats that exist in their networks, systems, and applications. Our approach revolutionizes vulnerability management and threat modeling by providing visibility, priority, and metrics where none exist.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer. They will be responsible for managing our flagship product’s build pipeline, QA infrastructure, and a small, but growing number of customer facing hosted services. They will be a builder and a problem solver who will help drive continuous improvement when it comes to our processes and tooling.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience writing code to automate systems and build tools, and a solid background building and supporting cloud and on premises VM environments. The role will involve implementing and maintaining automated workflows in both Linux and Windows environments. We are looking for a candidate who wants to own processes and tools, has the ability to take initiative and produce results, has the ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team, and has the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues.
Duties & Deliverables
The primary duties of this role include:
- Write reusable and extendable code that defines QA and development infrastructure
- Maintain and grow cloud hosted environments and resources
- Design, build, and maintain environments and DevOps processes for new initiatives to support Engineering Team efforts and new services
- Build and maintain CI/CD workflows and tools
- Work collaboratively with other engineering team members to create reliable and feature rich products
- Define current and future configuration processes and operating
- 3+ years experience scripting the building, launching, maintaining, and clean-up of VM based environments
- 3+ years of Linux system administration host configuration experience
- Experience with configuration/automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Knowledge of experience working with build orchestration and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Github Actions
- Experience supporting and configuring AWS based workflows and resources (EC2, VPC, IAM), and at minimum an interest in gaining experience with additional cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Experience with a variety of VM platforms, including on premises and cloud based
- Experience building and maintaining VM images
Nice to have:
- Windows system administration experience and PowerShell scripting skills
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Experience building Linux packages and hosting Linux package repositories
- Experience configuring and maintaining enterprise IT infrastructure
Please note: This is not an entry level position as it requires several years of experience implementing and supporting CI/CD workflows and VM environments. If you don't fit this profile, but wish to be considered for possible future opportunities, you can use the application form as a way of introducing yourself. Just state early on that you don't qualify for this position but would like to be considered for future openings.
Interested? We're excited to hear from you! Please apply here.