DeepSurface Security is changing how companies address risk in their cybersecurity systems by empowering our customers to be radically better at protecting their organizations. We’re a fast-growing, software development company headquartered in Portland, OR.
We're about a dozen self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you love working in teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we'd love to meet you.
DeepSurface Security has great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and a commitment to hiring diversely.
We have an immediate opening for a Support Engineer. All roles are 100% remote currently, but we plan to go back into our Portland offices part time after COVID. You should have several years of experience in technical support, with emphasis on both on-prem and SaaS solutions. Your IT/DevOps/Development background couples with your enthusiasm for problem solving to help you clearly diagnose issues in our product and communicate them to our Development team. Expect to deal with both highly-technical end users as well as the most mildly-technical, sometimes on the same issue.
You will work closely with our customers to identify issues to collect diagnostics and steps to reproduce. You need to be able to communicate very clearly and concisely with our Development team. As such, we expect you to have some mastery of both Linux and Windows environments and be well-versed in their command-line tooling, services, and network/domain administration.
Would you thrive in a collaborative environment with team players, be comfortable taking initiative to produce results, collaborate effectively with a talented team, and have the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues? Then you should be talking to us.
Responsibilities for the Support Engineer include but are not be limited to:
- Use research and troubleshooting skills when faced with unfamiliar or undocumented support issues
- Ask effective questions
- Own issues until resolution; collaborate with with other teams and follow-through with customers
- Provide phone, Zoom, and email support for users of our flagship product
- Document all customer issues in our ticketing system, and help build out our knowledge base to include fixes for common problems
- Know when to use the knowledge base, product documentation, experimentation or reach out to the Development team
- Maintain support SLAs with our customers
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Handle multiple demands in an interrupt-driven environment and be able to track their own work and not lose track of important details or tasks
- Perform thorough, methodical collection of information when met with support issues
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Strong background in networking technologies and troubleshooting
- Administration experience in both Windows (Active Directory, Exchange) and Linux environments
- Demonstrable experience with any two: bash, python, powershell
- Familiarity with vulnerability management is a plus
Interested? We're excited to hear from you! Please apply here.
Don't qualify fully? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they fully meet all the outlined qualifications in the job description. DeepSurface encourages candidates to apply even if they do not meet every desired qualification listed.